Life Planning Law Firm, P.A.
1671 Mound Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
Life Planning Law Firm, P.A. Website
Life Planning Law Firm, P.A.
Co-Executor PLLC is a law firm focusing on estate planning, trust administration, asset protection, and elder law. We are based in southwest Florida with offices in Sarasota and Naples. Our mission is:
- To help people protect their assets and save money with leading-edge legal strategies.
- To help executors and trustees administer estates and trusts; hence our name �Co-Executor.�
- To help veterans and their spouses obtain VA benefits, including the Aid & Attendance pension.
- To help pet owners plan for the care of their pets with trusts, in the event of death or disability.
Below are five reasons why you may want to consider us:
- We make house calls in southwest Florida and our initial consultation with you is free.
- We have saved our clients millions of dollars and relieved them of countless complex and burdensome tasks, with respect to planning and administering their estates and trusts.
- We use proprietary estate and tax planning software, ensuring that our documents are very thorough and constantly updated for changes in the law.
- We have over 15 years of experience in trusts and estates law and our attorneys take over 60 hours of continuing education each year - 6 times more than required by the Florida Bar.
- We are the only law firm in southwest Florida that belongs to the Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. Consumer Reports, Money Magazine and personal finance expert Suze Orman recommend using law firms with membership in this prestigious Academy.
Please visit our online Estate Planning Information Center to obtain timely, quality information on estate planning issues including complimentary issues of our Special Reports and Estate Planning News articles.
About Kevin Pillion
Kevin Pillion is the founder and managing attorney of Co-Executor PLLC, a law firm focusing on trusts, estates and elder law. He started his career working as an accountant with a CPA firm in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. After obtaining his CPA license, Mr. Pillion moved to Washington, D.C. to attend law school at Georgetown University in the evening while working full-time with a CPA firm. After graduating from law school, he went to work with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Washington, D.C.
In 1995, Mr. Pillion left the SEC to start his own law firm focusing on estate planning. He worked on cases with Steven Winkelman, a prominent estate planning attorney and former adjunct professor of estate planning at Georgetown University Law Center. In 2003, Mr. Pillion reduced his workload so he could care for his elderly parents, living with them part of the year in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and the other part in Bradenton, Florida. After his parents passed, Mr. Pillion relocated to Sarasota, Florida in 2008.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Pillion spends time lecturing and presenting continuing education courses on a wide variety of tax and estate planning topics to CPAs, financial advisors, enrolled agents, and insurance agents.
Mr. Pillion brings a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving approach to the practice of estate planning, trust administration and elder law. His work experience includes:
- 15 years as a private estate planning attorney and trust administrator.
- 5 years as a government attorney in the General Counsel’s Office of the SEC.
- 5 years as a tax accountant and auditor for both small and international CPA firms.
- 5 years as an entrepreneur and co-founder of two successful small businesses.
In addition, Mr. Pillion is recognized as a Personal Financial Specialist by the American Institute of CPAs and is licensed as a registered investment advisor and insurance agent in the State of Florida. He is a member of the:
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- American Bar Association.
- American and Florida Institute of CPAs.
- District of Columbia and Florida Bar Associations.
- CPA Elder Planning & Support Services Committee of the Florida Institute of CPAs.
Mr. Pillion is a graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) and Georgetown University Law Center. In 1983, he received a Bachelor's Degree with honors from IUP in Business Administration and a major in Accounting. He then completed the Certified Public Accountant license by passing the CPA exam and working two years with a Pittsburgh area CPA firm. In 1990, he received a Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown University Law Center.
Mr. Pillion lives in Sarasota with his miniature Doberman Pinscher, Cinnamon. He enjoys reading, yoga, Reiki, playing racquet sports, traveling and visiting friends and family in the U.S., France and Ireland. He also helps out in the community by contributing to various non-profit organizations and is the co-founder of Squash Alliance, Inc, a non-profit sports organization.
About the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
The Academy is a national organization dedicated to promoting excellence in estate planning by providing its exclusive membership of attorneys with up-to-date research on estate and tax planning, educational materials, and other important resources to empower them to provide superior estate planning services. The Academy expects members to have at least 36 hours of legal education each year specifically in estate, tax, probate and/or elder law subjects. To ensure this goal is met, the Academy provides over 40 hours of continuing legal education each year. Since 1993, the Academy has also been a highly-regarded and sought-after resource for attorneys and consumers alike, and has been recognized by Consumer Reports, Suze Orman in her book, 9 Steps to Financial Freedom and numerous times by Money Magazine.