The Tessier Law Firm, P.A.
PO Box 462
Waverly, FL 33859
The Tessier Law Firm, P.A. Website
The Tessier Law Firm, P.A.
The Tessier Law Firm, P.A.'s mission is to empower our clients to take charge of their most challenging life transitions. We provide empathetic legal counseling services primarily focused in the areas of Wills and Trusts, Probate, and Administration of Estates, Elder Law and Long-Term Care Planning, as well as Business Consulting services. The Tessier Law Firm serves Central Florida throughout the Polk County, DeSoto, Hardee and Highlands counties.
What sets us apart? We strive to proactively build strong, long term relationships to help families and businesses through their journeys over time. We provide customized, proactive and thorough life, estate, asset protection and business planning - not just as a one-time document producer, but a trusted, compassionate legal advisor serving holistically on an ongoing basis for years to come. Embracing technology, we make it easy on our clients to find us, and meet us conveniently on their schedule, to their comfort level - with options for virtual/online meetings and notary signings, in addition to traditional office hours in Lakeland and Winter Haven, and visits at YOUR location (travel fee may apply.
In all engagements, The Tessier Law Firm is committed to:
- Offering a unique combination of experience and services which allows us to achieve innovative and cutting edge solutions, tailored for each client's unique circumstances;
- Understanding and responding to our client's ever-changing needs brought on by life's challenges, proactively, and on a regular, ongoing basis, with formal systems and communication strategies in place to ensure regular follow ups with both prospects and clients;
- Servicing our clients with the highest degree of excellence, confidentiality and reliability, whether in person or through technology - leveraging the strengths of membership within several national networks of experienced estate planning attorneys;
- Providing an advantage to our clients and community through insightful web-forward education, advocacy and leadership;
- Working with a local and national network of allied non-legal professionals and organizations to coordinate comprehensive life and business management strategies;
We want to arm you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your family's future. Visit our online Estate Planning Information Center to obtain timely, quality information on estate planning and related issues, including complimentary issues of our Special Reports and Estate Planning News articles. Join our Mailing List! Residents of Lakeland, Winter Haven, Lake Wales and surrounding areas can register to attend our Live and Zoom Estate Planning Seminars.
About Denise Tessier
Denise Tessier has been a lawyer for over 25 years, admitted in Massachusetts and Connecticut. For many years, Denise served diligently as in-house counsel for large multinationals, international and start-up operations, rising to General Counsel and Compliance Officer roles. She has extensive expertise in highly complex areas such as global insurance and corporate law, regulatory compliance, and dispute resolution. Now home in Lake Wales, Florida, she has enthusiastically transitioned her practice to passionately educate and serve her new community on how to protect their children, their families, their legacy and wealth. Her continuous goal is to achieve peace of mind for her clients, whether handling elder concerns, crafting solid estate plans or helping businesses establish strong foundations.
Denise has a particularly strong desire to enable and promote other women-owned businesses, and is a LGBTQ community ally.
Denise is graduate of Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island, and Western New England University in Springfield, Massachusetts. She is an active member of many legal and community organizations in addition to the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, including the:
• Estate Planning and Real Property Chapter of the Florida Bar Association
• National Academy of Elder Law Lawyers (NAELA), and Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
• American Bar Association, Real Estate, Trust & Estates Section
• Polk County Estate Planning Attorney Bar Association,
• Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) and
• American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) (Lakeland Chapter)
On a more personal note, Denise is happily married to former British citizen, and enjoys international travel. She is an amateur painter and supports a wide range of museums, concerts, visual and performing arts. She enjoys pickleball, yoga, golf, and Brittany Spaniels, and volunteers as a Child Guardian Ad Litem for children in the foster care system.
About the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
The Academy is a national organization dedicated to promoting excellence in estate planning by providing its exclusive membership of attorneys with up-to-date research on estate and tax planning, educational materials, and other important resources to empower them to provide superior estate planning services. The Academy expects members to have at least 36 hours of legal education each year specifically in estate, tax, probate and/or elder law subjects. To ensure this goal is met, the Academy provides over 40 hours of continuing legal education each year. Since 1993, the Academy has also been a highly-regarded and sought-after resource for attorneys and consumers alike, and has been recognized by Consumer Reports, Suze Orman in her book, 9 Steps to Financial Freedom and numerous times by Money Magazine.